When it comes to moving a car, you probably don’t think that there is too much that you need to know. But the truth is, like any move, you need to get your vehicle properly prepared so that it arrives safely at it’s destination.
Generally, when you contact a moving car company, they will provide you with information about what you will need to do to prepare your vehicle for transport, but if this is not the case — here are five tips to help you along the way.
1) Make sure when you are moving a car that your vehicle is clean so that it can be properly inspected for damage. This is important because if any damage occurs during transport, it will be clearly noted so that it can be rectified.
2) Remove all belongings from the vehicle, no matter how short the distance you are moving car. Unfortunately, there are no guarantees that your personal belongings will be safe in transit and your insurance will not cover you in the event of a loss.
3) Checking your engine is also a good thing to do, because your vehicle will still be subject to stresses and strains of the road when moving the car, so ensuring everything is in good condition is important.
4) When it comes to gas, there should be one quarter tank left filled, so that if your vehicle needs to be driven during the moving car process, it won’t run out of gas.
5) Most importantly, make sure that you are using a reputable moving car company so that your vehicle is cared for properly during transit.
Following these simple tips will make your car relocation experience a breeze.